A Blanket Scenario Fiction

Written by: Jade Watersilk


Duo blinked as his eyes scanned the cabin. "You have got to be kidding."

Heero looked over his shoulder and glared at Duo. "I don't kid."

"Oi! I forgot." Duo smacked his forehead and rolled his eyes. "But is this place even live-able?"

The cabin consisted of a table (no chairs), a couple of empty shelves, a fireplace and one bed. It was barren of any food, clothing, or anything else that the two Gundam pilots could use. Essentially, it was a big, cold, wooden box.

"Hn." Vocalized the stoic pilot, and began unpacking his bag.

Duo, likewise, unpacked his bag. Namely he opened it and dumped it on the table. "This is the worst safe-house those Doctors have put us in."

"Luxury is expendable. Besides, we should be safe here."

"Hai, hai." Duo flopped down on the ground and looked up at Heero. "But it is getting late. We should get some sleep now, and figure out where to go tomorrow. 'Kay?"

Heero looked at Duo and nodded. Duo smiled, and jumped up on the bed. "Great! I'll see you in the morning then."

Heero blinked as Duo scrambled under the one blanket, and curled up under it purring constantly. Then he strode over to the bed and stood over Duo.
When Duo heard Heero's footsteps stop beside him, violet eyes peered up from under the covers. He smiled at the death glare that Heero was giving him. "Is there a problem?"

"Baka. I'm not sleeping on the ground."

"But I called shotgun!" Duo whined. "And besides, there's only one blanket."

"I know." And Duo shrunk back. That look in Heero's eyes . . .

Heero grabbed the blanket off of Duo, lay down on the bed, and wrapped himself up in it.

"Iie!" Duo cried as he grabbed for the blanket. He succeeded in grabbing part of it, but not enough to cover himself. "Come on Heero, I need to have some of the blanket too."

"Fine," muttered Heero, and reluctantly gave up some more of the blanket. Then he rolled over and tried to get some sleep. However, a small grin spread on his face at the contented purring that was coming from behind him.

What was even more shocking was the warmth he felt growing on his back, from Duo's body pressing up against his. And a small blush crept across his pale features then he felt the warm breath on his ear.

"Just one more thing . . ."

Heero didn't like the mischievous hints in Duo's voice. "What?" He asked with caution.

"I want your pillow."

And with that, the pillow that Heero's head had been resting on, was snatched up. He turned around to see Duo laying his head down on the pillow, with his back to Heero.

With exhaustion starting to wear on his mind, the 01 pilot lay back down to sleep. And the last thing he remembered from that night, was the warmth of the other body at his back.


Authors Notes: Wai!!! My first fluff. Wasn't it cute? I first got the idea from reading a whole bunch of 'blanket scenario' fanfictions, and I wanted to write one. But since I'm not that great with writing hot lemon scenes, I decided to make the story a shonen-ai fluff piece. In any case, I think it turned out well. I hope that the feeling is mutual.

Comments, flames, suggestions? Send them to me!