Churning Reflections


How could this happen? It wasn't supposed to be this way. They should all be dead, and I should be going home to my brother. What happened to my spell? I didn't think they were strong enough to break it with their defenses down.

No it wasn't them. It was someone else. I remember hearing another sound, and confusion, then pain. Why? It was Tamahome. He hit me after they were freed. I still don't understand why. But for some reason, I feel strangely relieved.

I have failled my mission. Nakago will not be pleased. I wonder what he will do to me? It doesn't matter, I don't think that I'll ever be able to go home. That's all I want.

Home . . . I wish it still exsisted. But home is dead. It died with the rest of my family, that day. I can still smell the blood. It's so string that I can barely breath! Where is my brother? I can't find him! I wan't him with me, now.

He can't come, he's back in Koutu. I wonder what he's doing right now? Will I see him again soon? No. Soon I won't ever see anybody ever agian. I have to stop hurting people.

Why did I think that I could do this? I'm not a killer. It hurts too much to take the life of another, weather they are my enemy or not. How could I do something so hatefilled, when all I feel is sorrow? It's not right. I shouldn't make anybody else hurt. It's the least I can do.


"Chiriko," said the smiling Moko.

She was alway's so kind to me. They all were. After what I've tried to do to them, they'll be happy I'm gone.

The smile on Suzaku no Miko's face looked tired, yet contented. But when he let go of his flute, her expression became teerful and wretched. "Chiriko!" she cried.

But he was smiling. He knew that it was for the best. They all would unerstand that he had to dite. Soon the real Chiriko would be found, and they would be happy.

He had been happy with them. They treated him like a son, as if he was one of their own . . . But they did think he was one of their own.

His last thought, before crashing benieth the churning, swelling, dirty water, was how he wanted to be Chiriki and not Amiboshi. And as consciencious left him, he prayed to his mighty water god that Suboshi would be alright.


~Fin~



Author's Note:

My first short fic. What did everybody think? It takes place just as Amiboshi falls into the water after ruining the sumoning ceremony. I thought that it was really sad, and decided to write about it. This is also what I think might have been going through his head while he was falling, with a smile! No, Amiboshi! You're too cool to die! ^_~

Any comment's, or flames? Do you just need somebody to bitch to? I wan't to hear it. So please send anything to me. Comments are desperately needed. Hint, hint. Wink, wink.