The Perfect Soldier
by Jade Watersilk

**********

My hands fly over the controls, and Wing responds to my instructions. We move as one being; pilot and Weapon. So perfect is our dance that none have the power to stop us.

I lift my eyes to the display, and gaze at all the destruction that was left in out wake. The piles of twisted metal will send my message to OZ. But my fight hasn't ended yet.

*As long as I have enemies to fight; I will fight. And I will defeat my enemies. * A laughter that sounds demented, even to my own ears, sounds throughout the cockpit.

When I am fighting, I can feel something that resembles joy. I can't be sure though, because I have never experienced an emotion as strong as joy is said to be.

Actually, I shouldn't be feeling any emotion. My training has taught me that feelings and emotions are a weakness. They impair judgement, and cause hesitation.

Despite my training, I know that I still have a small degree of feeling left somewhere in my body. And I hate myself for it.

I lean back in my seat to relieve the pressure of the restraints. I close my eyes and remember my moment of weakness; the moment that almost made me stop fighting . . .

That girl and her small puppy . . . I never would have guessed that a flower could affect me so much. When that Mobile Suit fell, killing them, I began to question why I fought.

I questioned why their deaths would hurt so much, and if I could ever become a true soldier. That little bit of feeling was so powerful that I am in constant battle to eliminate it from my mind and my heart.

I haven't won that battle yet, but I will. I must. Because I am the perfect soldier and I always win.

OWARI

**********

Disclaimers: I don't own Duo, or any of the other Gundam Boys (although I'd like to). I don't own the Gundam Universe or any of it's affiliates. I'm just an author who is borrowing Shin Kidousenki's ideas. Thank you Shin!