Together Again


(Written to 'Together Again' by Janet Jackson)

Vincent looked up at the black night sky and felt like crying. It had been a year since he had last seen his love, Lucrecica.

She had been dying in a cave behind a waterfall. Her skin had been a sickly color, and what movements she had made were weak.

Damn Hojo. Damn him for infecting and tormenting his love. She never deserved the fate that she met. She deserved to lead a happy life, and to be an old woman by now.

But that life had never been. And for allowing that to happen, he was to remain alone and apart from the one he loved.

A cold wind blew, causing him to pull his cloak tighter around himself. He looked up and saw the moon and stars appear. How beautiful they were . . .

He had watched the stars many times before, but something was different this time. A single star had started glowing brighter. Although he couldn't describe how, Vincent felt that it was smiling at him.

The light grew greater still, and began to take the form of a girl. She was far away, but Vincent could see that she was dancing with joy. Swaying gracefully to some unheard song. She drew closer to him.

When she got close enough, he could make out her delicate features and long flowing hair. It was her . . . Lucrecia.

Perhaps it was just some form of his love, coming towards him. But all that seemed to matter was that she was smiling at him.

Vincent remained seated, and let the vision of beauty come towards him. As he watched her, he leaned his back against a tree, that was overlooking the cliff face, on which, he now sat.

Contentedly, he closed his eyes as she moved in to kiss him. He hadn't expect to feel the touch of this vision, but he had. It spread a kind of warmth throughout his cold body. And he fell asleep in that instant.

There are times when I look above and beyond
There are times when I feel your love around me
I will never forget you


Her voice and warmth seemed to call him. It called to him from every direction. Trying to sooth and comfort his tormented soul with her love.

When I feel that I don't belong
I draw my strength from your words
When you say it's about you . . .
Look deeper inside you


No. He didn't deserve her love. He was the reason she had suffered so much. As these doubts worked in his mind, the starlight from before, took the form on his love. She bent down and took him in her arms, and looked deep into his crimson eyes with a soft, loving gaze.

Good times we'll share again
It makes me want to dance
Say it loud and proud
All my love is for you!


As she looked at him, Vincent felt something growing inside of him. It was the feeling of love. A love so open and warm that made him sweep her up in his arms, professing his feelings to her.

You have always been a true angel to me
Now I cant wait for you to wrap your wings around me.


Vincent held her in his arms. It felt so nice, so right. He pulled her even closer, into a tight embrace.
Sometimes I hear you whispering;
'No worries will you ever see again'
I am so happy for you

Vincent smiled as he felt her warm breath, whispering on his ear. He could hear her words in his heart, and knew that she was telling him 'Never Fear Again'
I dream about us together again
What I want is us together again
I know we'll be together again


Although she didn't actually say anything, he could somehow understand what she was saying: It doesn't matter what had happened in the past. All I know is that I want you to be with me.
There are times when I look above and beyond
There are times when I feel you smile down on me


Vincent grew happier with every second and wished for the moment to last forever. But that was not to be, for his love began lifting out of his arms. However, he was not sad as he watched her ascend to the heavens.

What would I give just to hold you close?
In heaven we will be together again


Vincent awoke from his sleep. It was only a dream. He thought sadly as the unheard music still played in his head. His love had not come back to him, and he still must suffer for his sins

But, somehow, he really didn't believe that. It seemed, to him, that something had been changed. He didn't feel cold and sad, but a strange warmth seemed to overcome him.

He sighed and rubbed his good hand across his eyes. Leaning back against the tree again, he tried to reason with his conflicting thoughts.

Part of him desperately believed that the soul of his love had visited him. But the other part thought that his mind had just found another way to torture his poor soul. He sadly looked at the starry sky.

One star seemed to glow brighter. As Vincent gazed at it's light, all the doubts left his mind. He couldn't explain why, or how, but he felt the presence of the star. It's presence was familiar, comforting, and seemed to be smiling at him

Everywhere I go
Every smile I see
I know you are there
Smiling back at me
Dancing in moonlight
I know you are there
Because I can see your star
Shining down on me


And as Vincent drifted off to sleep, the last vestiges of the unheard song were blown away with the not-so-cold breeze.




Author's Note:

Nice. I finiches another short fic. Well, technically this is a song-fic, but the idea is the same! In anycase, I hope you all liked it.

I thoug of it while listening to 'Together Again' by Janet Jackson ( duh ^_^ ) while trying to think of a short sic I could write. And it just came to me. How do you like that?

Any flames, comments, or just want to bitch at somebody; drop me a line! Anytime. Please. Send me mail and review this.